• After a six week hiatus, 55 members and 3 guests gathered for our first meeting of 2018.
• President Carson Plant welcomed our guest speaker, James Cowie of PhotoTourTrekkers.com who presented a program called The Art Of Observation.
After showing the photos that he and some of the members of his tour group captured in the American South-West, James spoke about how we can improve our powers of observation by showing examples of these steps.
– Keeping it simple.
– Frame the shot in your mind.
– Step outside of your comfort zone.
– Study some of the great names in photography.
– Don’t worry about what others say about your work.
James concluded his portion of the evening by showing more of the outstanding pictures he and his groups have taken in their travels around the world. The Chatham Camera Club wishes to thank James for his excellent show and for making the trip from London to Chatham in less than ideal conditions.
• Our next meeting will be held on January 23rd when
– Mike Blazek and Carson Plant will show the Novice members how to Rack The Lens in preparation for our Zoom Burst competition.
– We’ll have a Used Equipment Buy And Sell period. (Bring in the stuff you don’t use anymore. It may be just what others are looking for.)
– Jeff McDonald will be featured in What I Shoot.
– We’ll review the results of our latest CCC Photo Competition
* Novice – My Canada
(open to anything you feel means / represents Canada to you)
* Intermediate, Advanced, Salon – Rack The Lens
(this topic requires you to take a picture with a zoom lens and adjust the zoom mid picture, while the shutter is open. See This YouTube Video for examples.
Note: Competition photos are to be submitted to Gavin Stuart at: firstname.lastname@example.org by Midnight, Sunday, January 14th
– Print Display. We invite all of our members to bring in a print of any size, any subject, to be viewed before the meeting begins and during the break
“Embrace your failures and understand that they are your path to better photography.” – Joe McNally
As our nasty Winter weather continues, we’ll take a look at
How To Shoot Winter Sports