Our final meeting of the season was attended by 43 members.
• Outgoing Club President Vince Gagnier thanked last year’s executive group for all that they have done for us this past season, including: Vice-Presidents Tere Deslippe and Gavin Stuart, Secretary Barb Ferren, Treasurer Carson Plant, Executive Assistants Shannon L’Ecuyer, Reagan Smolders, and Chad Barry and Immediate Past President Dave Noordhoff. We are also indebted to Welcoming Manager Kathy Gagnier, Print Manager Les McCracken, Facebook Page Co-ordinator Kathryn Parent, Competition Manager Gavin Stuart, Archivist and Alternate Web Co-ordinator Paul Schmoldt and Web Co-ordinator Jim Pollock. Vince also acknowledged the help he received from Chris Jorgensen and Dennis Myers.
• Mike Blazek invited everyone to attend the opening of the Imaginarium exhibition at the Thames Art Gallery on Friday, May 13 at 7 PM to view the contributions made by the Chatham Camera Club. Our pictures will be on display between May 13 and June 10 2016.
• Tere Deslippe, Gavin Stuart and Vince Gagnier presented certificates of achievement for this year’s CCC Photo Competitions.
Honourable Mentions (for scores of 23 or better)
Lorie Cooper – 1
Melanie Denis – 1
Bill Henry – 1
Larry Kearns – 1
Paul Schmoldt – 1
Dave Stewart – 1
Steven Taylor – 1
Kellie Watson – 1
Catherine Dawson – 2
Jean DeBruyn – 2
Debbie Venn – 2
Jana Smith – 4
3rd place plus 1 Honourable Mention – Danielle Gagnier
2nd place plus 1 Honourable Mention – Barb Ferren
1st place plus 1 Honourable Mention – Bob Miller
3rd place – tie between Patricia Kral and Angel Webster
2nd place plus 2 Honourable Mentions – Linda Pepper
1st place plus 2 Honourable Mentions – John St. Pierre
3rd place plus 2 Honourable Mentions – Gavin Stuart
2nd place plus 3 Honourable Mentions – Tere Deslippe
1st place plus 3 Honourable Mentions – Chad Barry
2nd place tie plus 1 Honourable Mention – Carson Plant
2nd place tie plus 3 Honourable Mentions – Mike Blazek
1st place plus 4 Honourable Mentions – Jim Pollock
Most Improved Photographer (according to last year’s vs this year’s scores)
Best Photo Of The Year
Thanks to all who participated in the photo competitions this year. We hope it was a valuable learning experience and one which helped you grow as a photographer.
Pictures of the Awards Presentations are now available on our Club Photos page.
• Club members were treated to slideshows of the top scoring pictures from this past season as well as the best of Twelve Photos A Year Is A Great Crop.
• In recognition of his years of service to The Club, Vince Gagnier presented Dave Noordhoff with an Honorary Lifetime Membership. Congratulations Dave! You earned it. Please accept our heartfelt gratitude for your leadership, your wonderful tutorials and your organizational skills. The Club is a far better group with you in it and we’re very glad you’re here.
• Club officers for the 2016 – 2017 season were announced as:
– President: Carson Plant
– Vice-Presidents: Tere Deslippe and Gavin Stuart
– Treasurer: Reagan Smolders
– Secretary: Barb Ferren
– Executive Assistants: Shannon L’Ecuyer, Mary Craig and Jim Pollock
– Competition Manager: Gavin Stuart
– Welcoming Manager: Dave Noordhoff
– Facebook Page Co-ordinator: Kathryn Parent
– Web Co-ordinator: Jim Pollock
– Alternate Web Co-ordinator: Dave Noordhoff
Club President Carson Plant
• Club members would like to take this opportunity to thank outgoing President Vince Gagnier for his dedication and hard work. We all sincerely appreciate your efforts. You did a great job!
• The Chatham Camera Club is currently organizing some group outings we call Summer Walk-Abouts. Members will be notified by e-mail or check our Meeting Schedule page for details.
Photography is the easiest medium with which to be merely competent. Almost anybody can be competent. It’s the hardest medium in which to have some sort of personal vision and to have a signature style.
Photographing the same scene in both portrait and landscape formats will increase your chances of finding the best composition.