Our final meeting of the season was attended by 63 members and 1 guest.
• Club President Carson Plant reminded us of several photo-ops that will be available this summer, including RM Auto Restoration’s Cars and Coffee, The Fleetwood Country Cruise-In, The Windsor Camera Club’s model shoot, Seven Ponds in Michigan and our own model shoot. We’ll list these and more on our Meeting Schedule page.
• Carson also appealed to Club members to step into some vacant roles, including Assistant Competition Manager, Welcoming Manager, and Alternate Web Co-Ordinator.
• Tere Deslippe presented a slideshow that featured photos taken by Club members at a recent outing to McLean’s Auto Wreckers and Hilton Conservation Area. Great job Tere! The show was awesome.
• The results from this season’s Chatham Camera Club Photo Competition were announced with the following results.
Honourable Mentions (for scores of 23 or better)
Carson Plant – 1
Mike Blazek – 1
Catharine Dawson – 1
Larry Kearns – 1
Margaret DeClerk – 1
Wendy McDonald – 1
Martha Gillier – 2
Jeff McDonald – 2
Harry Arneill – 2
Pat Beaton – 2
Reagan Smolders – 2
Jana Smith – 3
3rd place – Mary Craig (1 Honourable Mention)
2nd place – Bill Henry (1 Honourable Mention)
1st place – Ric Aarssen (2 Honourable Mentions)
2nd place – tie – Kellie Watson (1 Honourable Mention)
2nd place – tie – Butch Dompierre (1 Honourable Mention)
1st place – David Barr (3 Honourable Mentions)
3rd place – Tere Deslippe (2 Honourable Mentions)
2nd place – Linda Pepper (5 Honourable Mentions)
1st place – John St. Pierre (3 Honourable Mentions)
3rd place – Dave Noordhoff (6 Honourable Mentions)
2nd place – Keith Blackwell (3 Honourable Mentions)
1st place – Jim Pollock (7 Honourable Mentions)
Most Improved Photographer (according to last year’s vs this year’s scores)
Best Photo Of The Year
Gavin Stuart – (Trees)
Thanks to all who participated in the photo competitions this year. We hope it was a valuable learning experience and one which helped you grow as a photographer.
Pictures of the Awards Presentations and the Top Scoring Shots from our April 25th meeting are now available on our Club Photos page.
• Club officers for the 2017 – 2018 season were announced as:
– President: Carson Plant
– Vice-Presidents: Tere Deslippe and Gavin Stuart
– Treasurer: Reagan Smolders
– Secretary: Barb Ferren
– Executive Assistants: Shannon L’Ecuyer, Mary Craig and Jim Pollock
– Competition Manager: Gavin Stuart
– Welcoming Manager: Dave Noordhoff
– Facebook Page Co-ordinator: Kathryn Parent
– Web Co-ordinator: Jim Pollock
While a better camera and lens might give you bigger images that can be blown up and used in a larger size, it’s the quality of the composition, lighting, and creativity that matter more. Even the most basic camera is capable of capturing amazing looking photos that will wow people. But a mundane or poor photo will still be a poor photo even with the most expensive camera equipment.
For perfect exposure in difficult lighting, be sure to learn this valuable technique.